среда, 18 марта 2009 г.

Mentors I Tried to Forget and Am Now Glad I Didn't

Mentors come in many shapes and styles; some we would rather forget because things didn't work out that well, we never "hit it off," or perhaps what we learned from them was by negative example.  Another category just occurred to me; mentors whose influence has been tainted in our memories because we no longer affiliate ourselves with some things for which they stood.  Then somehow we realize that that we are all a mixed bag really, and that we have much for which to thank those mentors even though we might be in a "different place."

In regard to that last category of mentors I need to come out of the closet.  I was raised in and my faith groomed in one of the most extreme forms of American fundamentalism that exists. Read more…

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий