среда, 1 апреля 2009 г.

Mentors I Tried to Forget and Am Now Glad I Didn't - pt. I

Dr. Lee Roberson, the late founder and chancellor of Tennessee Temple University, my undergraduate alma mater.  Dr. Roberson was not a mentor in a personal manner.  Though I shook his hand, he never knew me.  Yet, he mentored me through some key traits and emphases.

He had a few lines that he used constantly.

"Everything rises and falls on leadership."  I've heard this from a few other sources since, so I don't know if he originated it, but you could not be around Dr. Roberson very long without hearing it.  This continues to challenge me.  It impacts even those who are not enamoured of leadership as a discipline or who think leadership is merely the preoccupation of CEO/corporate ministry types.  Despite all the caveats, disclaimers, and qualifications that might be in order, this truth should be faced squarely by all who influence others. Read more…

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий